Top fundraisers have a chance to win
When you register to walk and fundraise, you have a chance to win these great CARE prizes. No personal donation is necessary to enter.
CARE Walk In Her Shoes Contest
1. NO PURCHASE OR DONATION NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. No personal donation, purchase, or other payment is required to enter. A personal donation from the entrant is not required and will not increase the chances of winning. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. CONTEST SPONSOR. The “CARE Walk In Her Shoes Contest ” (the “Contest”) is sponsored and administered by Cooperative for Assistance and Relief Everywhere, Inc. (“CARE”), a nonprofit corporation with its principle place of business at 151 Ellis Street, Atlanta, GA 30303 (the “Sponsor”).
3. ELIGIBILITY. Subject to the additional restrictions contained in paragraph 7, herein, this Contest is open only to entrants who register to participate in Walk In Her Shoes at www.care.org/walk and voluntarily raise a minimum of $1,000 in online donations via CARE’s Donor Drive online fundraising tool. You must be a permanent legal resident of the Continental United States of America and be twenty-one (21) years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees of the Sponsor and its affiliates, including entities that are members of the CARE International federation, subsidiaries, promotion fulfillment agencies, judging agencies, (“Sponsor and its Agents”), and the immediate family and household members and board members of Sponsor and its Agents are not eligible.
4. HOW TO ENTER Contest begins at 12:01 am EST on December 22, 2016, and ends at 11:59 pm EST on March 31, 2017 (the “Term”). All electronic entries must be received by 11:59 pm EST on March 31, 2017 to be eligible.
4.1 Online Entry. To enter, visit www.care.org/walk and follow the instructions to register for CARE’s Walk In Her Shoes.
4.2 All Entries. All entries and requests become the Sponsor’s property and will not be returned or acknowledged. Illegible entries and entries with P.O. boxes are void.
4.3 One Entry. Limit one entry per person for the entire Contest. The one entry per person maximum will be strictly enforced no matter what method of entry is used or whether different addresses are used in attempting to circumvent the one entry per person rule. Any attempt by a participant to submit more than one entry by using multiple/different identities, registrations, or any other method will void that participant’s entries and that participant will be disqualified.
4.4 Restrictions. Sponsor will not accept forged, altered, mechanically reproduced or facsimile entries or entries obtained or submitted other than as set out in these rules. Entries made by any other individual or any entity and/or originating at any other Internet website or e-mail address, including but not limited to commercial contest subscription notification and/or entering service sites, will be void and deemed ineligible for this contest.
4.5 Problems with Entries or Submission of Entries. Entries that are incomplete, incorrect, illegible, postage due, garbled, mutilated, misdirected, late, lost, damaged, stolen, or non-delivered, for any reason, including by reason of hardware, software, browser, or network failure, malfunction, congestion, or incompatibility at the servers of the Sponsor or elsewhere, or any other error, including human error, all as determined by Sponsor in Sponsor’s sole discretion, will not be eligible. Information supplied by entrant will be subject to the privacy information published at www.care.org/about/privacy.asp
4.7 Additional Information from CARE. By entering and providing the required entry information, including your telephone number (which may be a cellular telephone) and email address, you acknowledge that CARE may send you information about CARE and its work or contact you for future support, telephone, mail, email or other means, until you request otherwise in writing.
5. JUDGING AND AWARDING WINNERS. On or about April 3, 2017, twenty-three (23) winners will be identified by CARE through an independent judge or judges after application of the judging criteria set forth in these rules. All decisions of the judge or judges are final and binding. The selected winners will be notified via e-mail or telephone within thirty (30) days of selection. Selection will be under supervision of Sponsor or its designee, whose decisions are final on all matters relating to the Contest. If a selected winner cannot be reached by e-mail or telephone within five (5) business days of Sponsor’s first attempt to notify such winner, such winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected by the judge or judges from the remaining eligible entrants. Return of any notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Winners will be subject to verification.
5.1 JUDGING CRITERIA. The Grand Prize winner will be the individual who has voluntarily raised the most funds via CARE’s Donor Drive online fundraising tool over and above the floor amount of $1,000 and who, in the determination of the judges, has most skillfully and efficiently engaged in outreach and raising awareness of CARE’s programs and need for ongoing support. The First Prize winner will be the individual who has voluntarily raised the second highest amount of funds, via CARE’s Donor Drive online fundraising tool, subject to achieving said minimum fundraising requirement and who also, in the determination of the judge or judges, has most skillfully and efficiently engaged in outreach and raising awareness of CARE’s programs and need for ongoing support. The Second Prize winner will be the individual who has voluntarily raised the third highest amount of funds, via CARE’s Donor Drive online fundraising tool, subject to achieving said minimum fundraising requirement and who also, in the determination of the judge or judges, has most skillfully and efficiently engaged in outreach and raising awareness of CARE’s programs and need for ongoing support. The Third Prize winners will be the individuals who have voluntarily raised the fourth through the twenty-third highest amounts of funds, via CARE’s Donor Drive online fundraising tool, subject to achieving said minimum fundraising requirement and who also, in the determination of the judge or judges, has most skillfully and efficiently engaged in outreach and raising awareness of CARE’s programs and need for ongoing support. In the event of a tie, winners will be selected based on the highest number of donors and other similar indicia demonstrating the strongest and most effective outreach and awareness activity engaged in by the entrant, in addition to total donations. If an additional tiebreaker is required, the determining judging criteria for the final winners will be the total amount of correspondence sent by the entrant to potential and actual donors in connection with their volunteer fundraising activity through the online fundraising tool.
6. PRIZES: One (1) Grand Prize, One (1) First Prize, One (1) Second Prize, and twenty (20) Third Prizes will be awarded as follows
6.1 GRAND PRIZE. One (1) Grand Prize (as defined herein) will be awarded, and the Grand Prize will consist of one (1) trip for two (2) people to a CARE field office to visit program(s) with the Sponsor in a location and during a time to be determined in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. The approximate retail value (“ARV”) for one entire Grand Prize is $7,000 USD. A Grand Prize includes round-trip, coach-class air transportation from the major airport closest to the winner’s home address (determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion) and lodging in multiple locations in which the trip is to occur and three meals per day, with selections determined in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Travel to and from the United States will be by air, and travel in-country overseas may be by air, bus or passenger vehicle, in CARE’s sole discretion. Both participants must depart from the same location and must return to the same location. Actual value will be determined by location selected by CARE, winner’s residence, seasonal rates and other factors. Air carriers, hotels and other transportation shall be selected by CARE.
Sponsor reserves the right to delay, cancel, terminate, or otherwise revise the Contest or any prize, for any reason in its sole discretion, including, but not limited to, a major humanitarian emergency that CARE deems requires it to reassign or redeploy staff or resources, acts or events outside CARE’s reasonable control (force majeure), any situation or event in the United States or internationally that could increase the risks associated with travel.
6.2 FIRST PRIZE. One (1) First Prize (as defined herein) will be awarded, and the First Prize will consist of one (1) trip for two (2) people to the CARE National Conference in Washington, DC, from May 22-24, 2017. The approximate retail value (“ARV”) for one entire First Prize is $4,000 USD. A First Prize includes round-trip, coach-class air transportation from the major airport closest to the winner’s home address (determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion), three nights of lodging in Washington, DC, with selections determined in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Travel to and from Washington, DC will be by air unless the winner’s home address is less than 250 miles from Washington, DC, in which case the winner will receive a travel stipend of $400 to cover local transportation costs. Both prize participants must depart from the same location and must return to the same location. Actual value will be determined by winner’s residence, seasonal rates and other factors. Air carriers, hotels and other transportation shall be selected by CARE.
6.3 SECOND PRIZE. One (1) Second Prize (as defined herein) will be awarded, and the Second Prize will consist of a private dinner for two (2) people with CARE CEO Michelle Nunn in a location and during a time to be determined in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion in consultation with Michelle Nunn. CARE will make every effort to select a dinner location within 50 miles of the winner’s home. If the location selected is more than 50 miles from the winner’s home, then CARE will pay for transportation, which, depending on distance, could include providing round-trip, coach-class air transportation from the major airport closest to the winner’s home address (determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion) and lodging for one night (accommodation determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion). Both prize participants must depart from the same location and must return to the same location. The approximate retail value (“ARV”) for one entire Second Prize is $200 USD.
6.4 THIRD PRIZE. Twenty (20) Third Prizes (as defined herein) will be awarded, and the Third Prizes will consist of a CARE package to include CARE branded items including a t-shirt, baseball cap and water bottle. The approximate retail value (“ARV”) for one entire Third Prize is $30.
The winners of prizes involving travel must be available to travel on dates designated by the Sponsor or the Grand Prize, First Prize or Second Prize will be forfeited in its entirety. Prizes are not assignable. If a winner cannot travel for any reason whatsoever, such winner will forfeit the Grand, First Prize or Second Prize, and the Sponsor may, in its sole and absolute discretion, award the Grand Prize, First Prize or Second Prize to an alternate winner as set forth in Section 5 of these rules. All other expenses, including, without limitation, additional meals, gratuities, transportation to and from US airport, sales tax, luxury tax and any other costs or taxes incurred in claiming or using the Grand Prize, First Prize, or Second Prize are the sole responsibility of each winner. The Prize, or any portion thereof, is subject to availability and Sponsor in its sole discretion may substitute cash or a different prize of approximately equivalent or greater retail value except where prohibited by law. The Grand Prize winner is solely responsible for obtaining proper travel documentation for him- or herself, including passport and any applicable visas, as well as any required immunizations prior to travel. All Prizes, and any portion thereof, are non-transferable, non-refundable for cash and non-changeable once issued. If a winner does not use any portion of the Prize, no other compensation for the unused portion of the Prize, in whole or in-part, will be provided. Any attempt by a winner to transfer, sell or otherwise give away any portion of his or her Prize shall result in the immediate forfeiture of the entire Prize, and such winner may not be eligible to win any future prizes from Sponsor, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor or its agents shall not be responsible for delays in delivery of any portion of a Prize won in this contest.
7. CLAIMING PRIZES/RELEASES. Eligibility, age and all claims made by winner are subject to verification. Potential winners may be required to complete, sign, have notarized and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability/Publicity Release Form (except where prohibited by law), an IRS form W-9, and such other documents as may be required by Sponsor, including a travel liability release, within ten (10) business days of the date such documents are postmarked or emailed to the winner by Sponsor. Noncompliance within this time period may result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected at Sponsor’s discretion. Winner shall be required to produce a form of proper identification to claim their Grand Prize, First Prize or Second Prize. The Grand Prize Winner and their guest must have or obtain (at their own cost) a valid passport for international travel prior to the scheduled departure, as well as all required visas and/or vaccines for travel to the destination country. The Winner of the Grand Prize and their guest must both consent to, complete, and pass, in CARE’s sole and reasonable discretion a background check. If any Contest notifications are returned as undeliverable, or if any winner refuses their Grand Prize, First Prize, Second Prize or Third Prize, or any portion thereof, such winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected in accordance with the rules of this Contest.
8. PUBLICITY AND CONSENT TO USE AFFIDAVIT. Except where prohibited by law, participation in this Contest constitutes each winner’s consent to Sponsor’s use of his/her name, photographs and likeness for advertising, trade and promotional purposes in all media without compensation, notice, or approval. Potential winners may be required to complete, sign, have notarized and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release Form pursuant to Paragraph 7.
9. TAXES. Each winner is solely responsible for all federal, state, and local taxes on his or her Prize and may be issued an IRS Form 1099 for the ARV of the awarded Prize.
10. LEGAL. The Contest will be governed by the laws of the State of Georgia, as well as any other applicable federal, state and local laws. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. By participating, entrants agree to these official rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all matters related to this Sweepstakes.
11. GENERAL RELEASE AND CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION. Sponsor and its agents and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and advertising/promotion agencies, and all of their respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, and agents (individually and collectively “Releasees”) are not responsible for: (a) incomplete, incorrect, illegible, garbled, misdirected, late, lost, damaged, stolen, or non-delivered submissions of entries; (b) any damage to an entrant’s or other person’s computer system or other device which is caused or occasioned by accessing the www.care.org website, participating in the Contest or claiming the Grand Prize; (c) lost, interrupted, inaccessible or unavailable networks, servers, satellites, Internet, devices, or wireless service providers, websites, or other connection, availability or accessibility problems arising in connection with or over the course of the Contest; (d) miscommunications, failed, jumbled, scrambled, delayed, dropped, interrupted, lost, non-delivered or misdirected computer, telephone, device, email or cable transmissions or hardware or software or program or programming malfunctions, failures or difficulties; (e) any technical malfunctions, failures, or difficulties, printing errors, color discrepancies, clerical, typographical or other error in any Contest or Grand Prize communication; (f) any errors or failures of any kind, whether human, mechanical, clerical, electronic, interruption of power, digital or technical in nature, or unauthorized human intervention; (g) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with, or utilized in, the Contest; or (h) the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information, or the failure to capture or loss of any information. Sponsor shall not be required to correspond with entrants to obtain missing entry details. By participating in the Contest each entrant hereby releases and agrees to hold the Releasees harmless from and against any and all costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including, without limitation, property damage, death and bodily injury (whether due to negligence or otherwise), due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, to participation in the Contest or participation in any Grand Prize related activities, or the receipt, use or misuse of the Grand Prize. Entrants waive the right to assert as a cost of winning the Grand Prize, any and all costs of verification and redemption or travel to claim a Grand Prize and any liability and publicity which might arise from claiming or seeking to claim a Grand Prize.
12. CAUTION. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEB SITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS CONTEST, SUBMIT MALICIOUS CODE, .EXE FILES, OR ANY FILE THAT CONTAINS MALICIOUS CODE, OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. SUCH ENTRANT SHALL BE IMMEDIATELY DISQUALIFIED. IN NO EVENT WILL SPONSOR OR ITS AGENTS OR THE RELEASEES, THEIR PARENTS, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES AND RELATED COMPANIES, THEIR RESPECTIVE ADVERTISING OR PROMOTION AGENCIES, OR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS, BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF AN ENTRANT’S ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE WEB SITE OR DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM THE WEB SITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING ON THE WEB SITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO EVERY ENTRANT.
13. DISPUTE RESOLUTION. Except where prohibited, by entering the Contest entrants agree that: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrants and CARE and their agents shall be governed by and construed exclusively in accordance with the laws of the State of Georgia without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law of any jurisdiction. Entrant agrees that any action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to this Contest or awarding of the prizes shall be filed only in the state or federal courts located in the State of Georgia and entrant hereby consents and submits to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purposes of litigating any such action. Except where prohibited, by participating in this Contest entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or awarding of the prizes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with participating in this Contest but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitations or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above may not apply to every entrant.
14. AMENDMENTS TO RULES. Sponsor reserves the right to amend or terminate the Contest (including, without limitation, any Grand Prize) and these rules at any time without notice to any entrant. If any portion of these rules is determined to be unenforceable due to local or state laws, all other portions of these rules shall remain in effect.
15. OFFICIAL RULES / WINNERS LIST. For a copy of the Official Rules or winners list, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to the Contest Sponsor, CARE at 151 Ellis Street, Atlanta, GA 30303, Attn: CARE Walk In Her Shoes Official Rules/Winners List. Please specify Official Rules or winners list or both. Winners list will be available and published on the www.care.org website after April 3, 2017.